Friday, September 14, 2012

4K TWEETS AND COUNTING…



Celebrate any milestone
I can't imagine tweeting 4,000 times since June 10, 2009 (as stated in my Twitter account).

I was quite silent and I think Twitter has been my voice for some time. Tweeting doesn't need to be detailed, nor has to be serious, its actually just like a diary of your emotions over a particular period of time, can be every minute, every hour, every day, once a week - it’s your choice!

As I am a Blackberry user, I tweet once in a while whenever I am on the mood to type something (sometimes out of this world). Before, when I was using the old phone (Samsung Galaxy Mini), I tweeted often because I don’t have mobile connections.

Tweeting made easy with Blackberry, I guess. It’s in the notification feature that actually built to stay alert on social networking sites. But activating the mobile connection might easily drain the battery. For me, once charged in the morning lasts half day depending on the usage of BB.

In the lyrics of the song 'Boom Boom Pow' by Black Eyed Peas, "I'm so 2008, you're so 2000 and late," I am kinda late with the so called 'POP.' Pop is a shorter term for popular, meaning its 'in,' in Tagalog "uso." I'm the type of person who does not go for the "uso" thingy but rather be what I really wanted.

First example to further explain: While everybody's crazy over Twilight (on both on movies and books), I'm not. While everybody prefers Twitter over Facebook, I'm still into the latter. For me Twitter is not as interactive as FB, found it boring but eventually changed when I worked as a 'monitoring girl.'

I was employed in ABS-CBN (first & current work) as Media Monitoring Assistant last year. As part of the job, I tasked myself to monitor (as much as possible) even social networking sites. It was my officemate/friend Myan who advised me to be active on Twitter because the news easily caught early on Twitter unlike publications. For example, when fresh news came out, it can be posted on Twitter while publications can include it in the next issue of newspapers.

Twitter has been the 'watchdog,' next to the Press (for me). As stated in our Social Studies class, we have three (3) branches of government: 1) Legislative; 2) Executive & 3) Judiciary; then comes the 4th branch - the Press, watchdog of the government. But I guess Twitter can be essential to the said branches because nowadays, it is the no. 1 source of information – especially when disaster comes.

Twitter is a timeline, yes. It’s really a virtual diary that is accessible to people following you (depends on your setting if private or public).

As usual, I followed Kapamilya stars, entertainment press, official Twitter accounts of publications/websites and the like. My followers were my friends (of course), former college classmates, co-workers, bosses and some unknown people.

As of posting, I have 80 followers (thanks a lot for following me), 4,362 tweets (mostly 'good morning' tweets, haha), 282 following and nine favorites

Please feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/amberpop

Happy tweeting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment? Your thoughts are highly appreciated.