Wednesday, September 5, 2012

NOT TOO LATE TO TRY THE GOODNESS OF THIS CAKE

Before buying anything special for someone, first thing I had to do is research about it. Can you imagine a person finding the 'best' cake for his/her loved one? I did!

I researched on the yummiest cakes in the Philippines and found one - Conti's Mango Bravo. I am torn whether I'll be buying MedChef's Love Me Tender or Conti's Mango Bravo, but since it needs to be cheaper yet yummy, I first chose MedChef's cake.

Finally upon deciding what to buy, I was about to order in MedChef (Mother Ignacia St.), I found out from a friend that Chef Hasset will be in Vietnam for six months and no one will bake cakes for MedChef.

So back to the second choice - Conti's Mango Bravo. It made me decide easier because I saw one article in The Philippine Star about the cake and it says "Conti's is well known for its Mango Bravo cake, baked salmon paired with paella rice, and beef salpicao." The article also said that Conti's Pastry Shop and Restaurant opened its ninth branch at Alabang, Muntinlupa City.

When Sept. 2 arrived, I bought the cake in Trinoma mall. The cake costs P635 (small), while the biggest one costs P1000+.

While waiting for my order, their big freezer caught my attention, its full of Mango Bravo biggies and small ones. I guess it’s really a hit in the bakeshop! 






Believe me, the guards in MRT North Ave. (South bound) allowed me to enter the station with the cake, good thing because I will be having a hard time carrying it while riding a bus.




Enrouting home, I and my boyfriend were very, very careful carrying the cake because it's brittle, one big bump and it will be broken to messy pieces inside the box. We are just so lucky because we got the 1hr ride going home to about 45 minutes only, and the Conti's Mango Bravo cake will only last for 2hrs upon removing from the freezer. The girl in the counter before leaving the store told me to keep it frozen.

As stated in its website www.contis.ph/fabulous-cakes.html, the cake is made up of layers of crunchy wafers filled with chocolate moose, cream and mango cubes - so if not put in the freezer after removing after 2hrs, it will melt.

By the way, forgot to capture the actual size of the cake and its inside, as we were excited to eat the cake and also had a problem on how to cut it perfectly, so I just posted photos from the Internet and see what it looked like. Credits to the owner of the photo! Enjoy! :-)

from wattpad.com





from http//:dearbloggery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment? Your thoughts are highly appreciated.