Sunday, September 23, 2012

IT'S A PRIVILEGE!




Little did I know that someday, I will be holding a 1997 newspaper of Philippine Daily Inquirer.

For ABS-CBN chairman and CEO Gabby Lopez’s 60th b-day, I was tasked to find a specific article in the Inquirer library. It was about the Lopezes and the Ayalas that was published in January 1997, between the dates of 23 - 25. It is said to be in the front page of Inquirer.

As I arrived at Inquirer office in Makati (about an hour of travel from ABS-CBN), I don’t have a hard time finding the said article because the Inquirer library is very organized. The newspaper copies were arranged by year and but each issue of Inquirer newspaper only has one copy, so reproduction of it is allowed. 



As I scanned the 1997 archive, I found this…


The article was really about the Lopezes and the Ayalas centered in their vigorous role for Filipinos. "SA UMAGA PAGGISING MO PARA MAG HILAMOS HANGGANG SA PAG PATAY NG ILAW PARA MATULOG SA GABI... CUSTOMER KA NILA!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment? Your thoughts are highly appreciated.