Saturday, September 15, 2012

BLAME THE SEATS FOR HALF A DECADE OF FRIENDSHIP



They say College is the enjoyable phase of life. And so it was.

It was a sunny Thursday, my first day as a college student. It's one of my most anticipated days in my life as I have gotten all the hard works back in high school. It will open another chapter of life full of challenges.

College will never be the same without them - GaChAlLaMeMo. I have created our group name from the first two letters of our surnames. I must admit we have differences (as in sobrang dami), but when I'm with them, I can really be who I am.

 
Ga - Galindez
Ch - Chua
Al - Alday
La - Landrito
Me - Medina
Mo - Mondero


We blame the seats that we chose upon entering room 110 of PUP – College of Communication (CoC) bldg. on the first day of class. I don't know about their justification as to why they chose their seats, but as I am late (though there's no prof yet in the room), I seated just two row and two seats from the door. I was with Manuel and Jastine beside me. In front of me were Jen, MJ, Pia and Jo. See? The arrangement of seats was a sign that God wants us to be 'friends.'

It came to a point when going to the main bldg. for P.E. class for the first time, we were already together. After the orientation, we had our lunch at Teresa. MJ was the one who led the way to where we ate. It was a big two-storey house that the first floor was made into a carinderia. As I remembered, we all ordered shanghai rolls with rice. Hmmm yum! It costs us around P25 each, "sulit naman."

GaChA during first year college


Blame the seat. That was I told them when remembering how our friendship started.

Time flies so fast that we still stuck with each other for half a decade. It's been five years! Today, we have our own lives as 'professionals,' but still find ways to have communication.

I'm so proud of my daughters and sons! (They used to call me "momi" and Marlon as their "dadi.")

What made us intact as friends? Our differences :-)

Describing our personality took me some time to think, as I've said, we were ALL different (the way we talk, we put on clothes, etc.) It’s just that I want you all know how unique we are as GaChAlLaMeMo.

Mary Ann Chua - She was my first best friend in college, and we used to call each other 'GF.' She's kinda weird that most of our classmates were having a hard time knowing her character, but for me, I knew who she was - happy go lucky!

Jen Alday - She looks like a 'shy type' girl but is very, very talented. She can sing, dance and act! She's now working in TV5 (my rival station, haha!)
Joy Landrito - She's kinda boyish but sometimes transforms into a lady. She loves to laugh and likes to challenge herself. "Hindi siya nagpapatalo sa boys."

Jo Medina - The super "kulit" in the barkada. She always makes me laugh in her own little way. She loves to sing, she loves God above all, and best of all, and she’s our spiritual adviser!

MJ Mondero - She's the 'all-around' girl. She knows everything and has no time to rest; she's the "Kuracha" version in our group.


Originally we were just six but as time passes by, we tend to expand as a group. We've been super close to other boys in our section: Arnie, Jeric, John Paul, Rafael, Reysimar, Menard and of course their "dadi" Marlon.

We also have our "ampon," she's Kriezyl (just ask her why she was called adopted, haha!) She's the 'best layout artist' in our group. Not to forget our baby Pia (who stopped studying during our 1st year in college due to his father’s death) and Elijah (who also stopped).

So now, our name also needs some expansion too: we are now called DeEpGaChAlLaMeMoCaPaPaZaRaSaMaSa or GaChAlLaMeMo PLUS



“Alam niyo ba kung saan pa kami subok na? Kapag may b-day ang isa sa amin, tiyak nandun kami.” 

Birthday celebrations of GaChA

                                    
It's been five years, yes. September 7, 2012 marks our 5th GaChAnniversary - and the birth of my third "pamangkin," Baby Bianca Loiuse Galindez-Layon. Some of them too have their own "pamangkins."

4th GaChAnniversary celebration at Chef de Angelo and Flights Bar last year

09.07.12 has been a significant date - Happy 5th GaChAnniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment? Your thoughts are highly appreciated.